Sleep, Baby & You is the name of a new approach for supporting parents with sleep for themselves and their babies.The programme provides tools and training for practioners and resources for parents. Sleep, Baby & You is an adaptation of the Possums Sleep Program (Brisbane, Australia) written by Dr Koa Whittingham (University of Queensland) and Dr Pamela Douglas (Possums Education). Sleep, Baby & You has been developed for use in the UK by Professor Helen Ball & Dr Catherine Taylor (Durham University Parent-Infant Sleep Lab) and Dr Pam Douglas (Possums Education). Artwork has been created by LDi Studios, Sunderland, UK. Funding for the development of Sleep, Baby & You has been provided by an ESRC Impact Acceleration Award to Professor Helen Ball and Durham University.
- Mindfulness exercises (Possums video)
- Progressive Muscle Relaxation (Possums video)
- Deep breathing relaxation technique (Possums video)
- Mindfulness before bedtime (Possums video)
- Carrying -- a useful baby settling strategy (Possums video)
- Safe use of a baby carier (Possums video)
- More mindfulness exercises (sheet)